Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Temple Treasure

Yep, that's me...chubby cheeks and all..that's my mom at 19 years old. Talk about two people who went for it and didn't look back..my parents...whew.  I think back at my life when I was 19. I couldn't wipe my own ass, much less take care of a child.  I truly believe my parents are heroes and I am who I am today because of them.
In case you missed it the other day, this is the picture of my dad that actually corresponds to the one above...give or take a few months (i think), but both of them are groovy and young in these pictures...not that they aren't groovy now...and relatively young still (56) I marvel at life in the way it shapes and molds and brings people together.  I wouldn't trade one thing about the way I was raised and the things I went through and the things that were done.  Like my dad always says...it has made us who we are.  

So here I am today...sorry no picture yet...but here i am today living my life and the courage i have to stand on my own and be brave comes from a basic intrinsic knowledge that my parents have instilled in me...that I can be who I want and I will be ok.  

I had an amazing experience yesterday afternoon with a body healing session I was given for my birthday here in Boulder.  I was on the table getting a massage, but this time, everything was related to my life currently and what i was going through...she would touch a part of my body and talk about my journey as if she had been watching me the past few months...i found myself talking about all things in the present and more importantly, feeling a sense of self realization that my path was that much clearer...funny, how even writing it down, and talking about it, hearing it from a complete stranger was the most concrete part of it all...it was the little thing i needed yesterday to help cement the ideas that I write about, think about and live with each day...I felt re-invigorated and alive and affirmed...which i think is the part we need to hear more of...so, if you can, go to a healer, or a friend, or a parent, or a partner or a dog...whatever works, and talk about your journey with them and watch what happens...listen to their response and what they see in you...I think you will be reminded of your own resolve and strength.

As for me, I am going to sit and drink some more coffee in the sun...

Love and Understanding

1 comment:

Trek 4 Fun said...

I really enjoyed this post. The journey of our life should reflect our strength. Thanks for sharing!