Friday, October 2, 2009

the debut


the director, originally uploaded by Justin Davis Davanzo.

tomorrow i make my debut as a wedding photographer...well...at least as an assistant to my own wedding photographer who is awesome for letting me learn with her....Beth, you are a superstar!

so here are a few things i need to say.

I promise I won't let you down. I promise to shut up and listen and learn. I promise to ask questions when I need to. I promise to not fuck up too bad. I promise to try my best. I promise to laugh and have fun. I promise to not get drunk. I promise to make you look good. I promise to not break your camera. I promise to not swear all the time. I promise to meet you on time. I promise to not get too emotional during the ceremony. I promise to not take too many pictures. I promise to kick some ass. I promise to not say inappropriate things to the guests. I promise to spread joy and love except when using the port o potty. I promise to work harder than i have to. I promise that I will eat anything they put in front of me. I promise to not promise too many more things....

so as I said on my Facebook feed...today i feel like i am water skiing behind a cruise ship...like my arms might be pulled off...like the wake is too big to surmount, like the boat is going just fast enough to keep the sharks away...like if i fall in, i am done for...like i wish i could just get on deck and eat a ton of food with all the fat people.

yep..that is what i feel like today...so there....

love and understanding

4 comments:

Babbo said...

You will do fine. As always, I might add.

Justin Davis Davanzo said...

thanks Babbo..that means the world.

Justin Davis Davanzo said...

thanks Babbo..that means the world.

Nita June said...

yes, indeed. You always do great. You ARE great. So, it's pretty much impossible for you to step below that... Well done my handsome husband.