Tuesday, February 10, 2009

morning


ok..i am a bit tired this morning...moving slow and waking up bit by bit. This winter is a strange one....much milder than last year, although my mind is foggy with my knee surgery from last year and I wonder if it just felt harder. At this time last year i was on the couch recovering from knee surgery...wow...amazing how time goes by and when I think of how lucky i am this year to be out and about and skiing and working and having fun i am reminded of how important it is to appreciate it all. so i got up earlier than i wanted to. My new work schedule has me working until 10:30 and not really going to bed until 12:30 or 1 so i usually sleep till 8:30 anyway, but sometimes i just feel more tired than i think i should. not sure if it is the idea of work that makes me tired sometimes or the overwhelming coziness of my bed that makes me tired. nonetheless, if I look back on things it gets my attention and has me up and about making sure I don't waste too much time sleeping...a good 8 hours for me...until kids come along, i'll take it. all of this adds up to a whirlwind feeling sometimes...wanting to accomplish so many things each week, and having to make lists and pick them off with a slower more methodical purpose...giving myslef permission to not have to do it ALL right now. That is the big challenge these days. I want to do it all, write my book, be in plays, work on my photography, ride my bike, travel. So i am reminded by my soul mate that we have a long time ahead of us to do it all and so I sit back and feel cozy about that. there is no magic clock ticking telling me i have two weeks left to create, but I am aware that time is going by and as long as I am doing the things i enjoy, that is what is important. So i will continue to make small gains in all my creative endeavors and make sure that I pay attention to the days and what they have in store. Love and Understanding.

1 comment:

Nita June said...

you help me to remember to play every day my love... I don't think you realize truly what a light you are, and oh how you shine with everything you do...