Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Trail


Paddle in Paradise, originally uploaded by Justin Davis Davanzo.

so today I was walking with my new wife...yes...love saying that these days...and it was rainy and wet and damp and a little colder than usual, which seems odd considering it is 108 degrees in the Northwest, and i realized that as we were walking and talking, i was literally and figuratively walking my path. today was a day of talk and getting things out and flushing things through my brain and with the help of a good hike and my partner in crime, we talked about all sorts of ideas. of course i felt better after that...a little clearer and a little calmer. All in all, this is the type of thing I need to on a daily basis, but i often forget that half the battle is the brainstorm. I find myself getting so pent up with anxiety and questions and worries, that I forget to breath and let things take shape. All of this ties into what I have been writing in the last few days and it has to do with trust. That is ultimately what it comes down to. Trust that you are on the right path or trail and that the accomplishments over the last year, 3 years, 10 years, adds up and really means something. Things happen because we put ideas and thoughts into motion so we can't be surprised when they happen, but wondering when they will happen is a whole other story. I constantly feel like I will never be successful at anything because i can't figure out what I want to do with my life...and then i realize, i am successful...i am "doing" my life...that is the realization.

although this is MUCH easier said than done, it is nice to feel it sometimes and let it sit and stew. I have learned that change is good when needed, but sometimes the patience to not change and to push through is also important as it presents opportunities that only come through time. what opportunities and how long we don't know, but that would be no fun i suppose...

so tonight i am on a trail...and it is raining.

Love and Understanding

No comments: