Friday, January 11, 2008

The corner


corner3, originally uploaded by boxersiciliano.

well...today I had an MRI on the knee..i won't find out what the outcome is yet until Tuesday, but as I was meditating in the GE Whirlpool MRI Machine (which if you never experienced, is something like being beemed up into the space shuttle, except you never make it...you just listen to a loud set of clicks, beeps and electronics...really wierd) I began to slow down my breathing and truly clear my mind and meditate...trying to put it all into perspective...my thoughts wandered at first all over and as I began to watch them pass by i settled into my monologue that I am currently working on for an audition that I have this coming week..it was an interesting statement to let my mind go to the place that gave me comfort...my acting...i think i was in there for 1/2 an hour, but i was lost in thought and process and it seemed to go by in 5 minutes...Last night i decided to give in and embrace the things i can do..so i went to Costco and bought an amazing photo printer for 89.00 bucks...i thought it might be so so, but the pics i printed to day are amazing...and it has set my mind on fire to create...at the same time, I got my new business cards that say JDD Photography, which i made a week ago on Vista Print..seemed timely that they arrived today..as if to say, here you go, this is your real path right now...be a photographer...so i will be...and an actor and i will put my energy into creating...until I can ski again of course! and then i will do all of it...by the way, i was turned down for another rental opportunity in Boulder which i have found very interesting...a process of natural elimination i suppose...so i don't land in anything I am not meant to be in...this time thing is funny sometimes...trusting and relaxing..hard to do...well, for now, i am going to sit back, have some wine, and enjoy my down time instead of resent it...

4 comments:

Susannah Conway said...

your poor knee! but you know what? i'm glad to hear that you're putting your energy towards more creative endeavours. your photography has been coming on in leaps and bounds and i'm excited to see what you do with it

heal well x

The re-awakening of an Athlete said...

So sorry to hear about the knee. I have gotten to use to saying to my friends/co-workers - "Sorry I can not ski due to an injury that may happen. I can not and will not take that risk" Before I got back into biking - skiing was everything to me.

I hope the best for you even though I do not know you.

Oh - I just stumbled across your blog.

Ms. Conley said...

Yes to nice wine and not resenting down time!!! Good experiences will come of this....

Swirly said...

I am excited to see where all this attention to your photography goes.