Friday, May 30, 2008

First Aid, Dreams and a New Job


Memorial Day, originally uploaded by boxersiciliano.

The picture above is from a display i stumbled across on Memorial Day here in Boulder...not unlike Arlington West, this was a moving and somber place with 100's of pairs of boots laid out on the lawn, fittingly in the rain, to represent the fallen soldiers from Colorado. Another reminder of our current world and the daily battle we are waging....


I finished my second night of First Aid which was CPR training so I feel pretty good, at least better, about being able to use if if i need to..I feel like I need to carry around a first aid bag with gloves and things. Really, if you haven't, this training is so simple and could come in very handy if you ever need it....

Last night I had beef tips with mashed potatoes because I was very hungry from my bike race, in which i got totally creamed by a bunch of pros over the age of 30...jeez...i still rode hard, but it was painful, but anyway, i think the beeftips gave me weird dreams...i dreamt that I was on a school bus stopped at the side of the road and next thing I know we are all on in the bathroom...a very large bathroom and there is a homeless guy who keeps wandering around while everyone is peeing in urinals...the girls were too, which was wierd and then next thing I know, we are on the highway standing at the side of the road and all i can see are the cars coming directly at us so I run down the road to stop them and they start swerving into the mountain side...one by one...and then a CHP is there pulling a ton of first aid kits out of the trunk of his car and then......I woke up...huh....



now i am going to drink some coffee..


love and understanding.