Saturday, May 17, 2008

Orbit


RabbitRocket, originally uploaded by boxersiciliano.

this picture makes me laugh...I found this guy on the roof of a house that was also adorned and decorated by other "art" installations. A guy who calls himself Cr. Cyon, and is obviously not worried about the neighbors. I was kind of in awe and then when I walked around the corner and saw the rabbit blasting off...that did it... I was hooked. I don't know how long he's been up there, but considering the different weather here i am impressed that he is such good shape, probably due to his intense astronaut training and fitness levels. I am a little concerned about the Russian era rocket he is saddled up on, but he seems capable enough...let's name him.................Blue? hmmm...Bunny Boy?....Astro Bunny...yeah..Astro Bunny....that's it.

Funny when you take the time to walk around and look for things out of the ordinary, which is what I like to do when I have my camera with me. Sometimes my eye just sees things that are normal, but I capture a part of it that is not ordinarily seen, but this was just something, pure and simply out of the ordinary and I don't think I can even do it justice...To find this in the middle of my little town here in Boulder reminded me to always look up and to think big and to believe in Fairy Tales....I think one day I will pass by and he will be gone and I will have two things to believe...one, Dr. so and so artist took him down...Two: Astro Bunny finally blasted off in the night and is now in deep space nine orbit floating effortlessly with David Bowie, the Russians, Jesus, some satellite that is busy beaming down CNN and as he floats along, he remembers the endless days of waiting and wishing and planning and believing that one day he would actually blast off and orbit the world he left....and from high above he would look back down and smile a bit, knowing that his journey was long and sweet.

I think i like the second story.....I better go back and watch him take off.


Love and Understanding.

2 comments:

Ms. Conley said...

Love, love, love Astro Bunny....I hope he blasts off......

Ms. Conley said...

Oh...P.s......I think you should write a childrens book about Astro Bunny....I think it would be a huge success.......