Thursday, August 27, 2009

On a wing and a...


Airshow2, originally uploaded by Justin Davis Davanzo.

some mornings I just don't know where to start....or how...well, mostly i know how...a good cup of coffee...but where...that is still sometimes the hard part. So i usually sit and sip and avoid and then find myself starting here, which feels pretty good in the end. At least when I start here i can acknowledge that I don't know where to start and that makes me feel a little better most of the time. I can't believe summer is virtually done and that September is right around the corner....I mean what the Efff? I started noticing little things like a few leaves not looking so green and once and a while the smell of fall is in the air...it's the time of year to reflect a bit and to also wonder what is in store for winter...

who the heck knows? yes, i have plans, but who knows how they will pan out...(sip of coffee...pause...another sip)

I am on a creative marketing campaign as of late and that has been my daily push...sending a photo or two to contests, sending a portfolio to a local venue in Boulder, researching grants, looking for photo opportunities, staring at photos on my desk and not knowing what to do with them, designing more publicity packs to pass around, staring blankly...all part of the deal i suppose. i often reflect on the strange path that life takes us on and how sometimes in doing things there is just no way to tell if it is the right thing, or where it will lead, so you just go that way and see, but that is not easy...it is actually quite disconcerting at times because if you let your mind go it will (coffee) tell you and remind you that this is not logical...that you should worry about the real things in life like a job and bills and responsible items...
ok, fine, so it is...yes...but then I remember that as the path winds and goes up and goes down, there are some days that it just makes sense and some days it doesn't.

I had a bike ride on Saturday and I swear i wanted to quit riding my bike, but i couldn't and didn't...and then on Sunday i rode and I rode better and stronger than I had in a while...and i forgot about quitting...i was only remembering how good it felt to be strong and to have the wind in my hair and to hear the sound of my breathing. And as usual i had a moment of hilarious reflection regarding my dramatic day before and i smiled all the way down the mountain....so there...

maybe another book title..."Smiling Down the Mountain"
i'm full of them these days.

Love and Understanding

1 comment:

Mom said...

Justin
Your new aero-photos are exquisite. They belong in every airport (private and not)...
Your honesty is such an inspiration for those of us who get bogged down in the supposed Reality-Trap.
Keep Smiling Down the Mountain...(and write us all about it). When you hit a 'cliff-hanger' (keep writing to all of us about that too.)
Mom