Saturday, September 20, 2008

ahhh...saturday.


barrel, originally uploaded by boxersiciliano.

it is great to realize your own wisdom. To understand your own patience and process, and to begin giving to yourself, the things that you deserve and want. Like a partner that loves you no matter what, or a home that feels like a safe haven, or a day off when you deserve one....you know, things that we forget to sometimes think about.

Ok, so how do we entertain the idea of being wise? Of actually having the nerve to say that...i had a reaction just typing it..thinking, how could i say that and not sound like a pompous ass? see??

well, there it is...trying to give ourselves the credit we deserve is always met with opposition and tough voices telling us to not be selfish, or good or powerful, or smart. I think all of us could use a little time on the "me" wagon. Me me me me...because I think that will ultimately give us more time on the "us" wagon...the one that we can ride with others and feel really good about our space in the wagon.
(jeez, I sure have some funny analogies this week...crumbs, wagons..what is next? How about relating everything to movies and saying things like.."Dude, its just like Batman"...which i actually said to someone last night.)

So, riding in our own wagon and enjoying it for what it has already, not looking around trying to ride in someone else's wagon because it looks nicer or seems better...chances are, they are looking at our wagon and wondering if they could hitch a ride. We are so busy comparing and looking at other people's lives and trying to make sense of ours within theirs, that we forget to take time and look at ours...i mean, really walking around with the strength and knowledge of being a great human being, not from a standpoint of being better or smarter, just from the standpoint of recognizing our own kick ass, powerful light. Like Batman....sort of...except don't wear the suit and hunt bad guys...i mean, like, once you put that suit on, you are a superhero...because you believe you are.

If you look at people that you admire for their success or passions, i'll bet that in some instances they are almost...well, seemingly, conceded a bit, or full of themselves, on the surface, but if you take a second look, I'll bet they are (of course not in all cases) their own superhero...they get up and nothing can deter them from their own path that day and they just simply believe who they are and what they are capable of...

I venture into dangerous spiritual awakening territory here again by saying that I firmly believe in manifesting our lives...but I can't help it. I believe that we adjust our viewfinders on a daily basis and see what we want and receive what we believe...so I say, open it up to possibilities that you deserve and want and view the world from a powerful perspective of understanding, listening and compassion...

and let me know if you master that as I could always use more help myself....

i am heading out today...you'll know its me, because I am in my batman suit.


Love and understanding.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

"...chances are, they are looking at our wagon and wondering if they could hitch a ride."

That is a lovely, hopeful thought. I think I'll hang onto it for a while...

Anonymous said...

Justin
I love all your photos but I must say that "barrel" is one of my latest favorites. They say, "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder" and I have always smiled and been amazed how you can take something mundane and turn it into a living work of art.
Your 'beholding' eyes are such a reflection of the beauty in your soul...